College has been an amazing experience. I've grown to befriend some amazing like-minded people who are mature and understand the changes that I'm going through in my life. They also understand that I don't take anyone's shit. If you act like a complete child around me all the time, chances are, you won't be my friend. Or, better yet, if you treat me like a child, you're even worse off.
Something happened recently with friends from high school. I went over to one of their homes, they were having a campfire, and proceeded to pretty much ignore me for most of the night. Instead, they talked to each other (not even including me in their conversations) about work and a vacation that they're going on.
Now, generally, not a big deal. Except, this time, I was invited on that trip, and I had to turn them down. When I was asked if I wanted to go, I would have needed over $700 for airfare, but the rest would have been taken care of.
Crazy, right?
They expected me to have my mind made up and my tickets bought within two weeks of telling me.
Um. How is that being responsible? I'm getting a new car in the fall. I have to make car payments, and put a significant amount of money down on it to get the payments that I want. I also have three jobs. You expect me to tell all my bosses, two weeks in advance, that I'm going to be hightailing it out of there for a whole week? Not to mention, when I was asked, I was already on a week long vacation in Maine?
Again, where's the responsibility in that?
Now, I made up my mind about the trip when I was in Maine. I wasn't going to go, thanks for asking, but it's just really bad timing.
But one of them actually had the balls to say to me, at the campfire, "Sam, I wish I had known . . . I would have subsidized your ticket."
First of all. I don't need fucking handouts. Never have, never will. Especially not for something as frivolous as that shit. I'd rather spend $3,000 of my own hard earned money to go back to Florence then to have you subsidize my ticket for a week long trip.
Secondly, how dare you talk to me about money when your parents kicked you out for FAILING out of college. Did you forget that we were there to pick you back up, and try to turn you the fuck around when your life was nothing but a giant, massive hole of shit? So you've got three jobs now too. Big. Fuckin'. Whoop. No sympathy here.
I have my priorities set. I have my goals, and if you don't fit into them because you're acting like an ass, then you're not going to be a part of my life anymore.
I spent that entire fucking campfire talking to my other friend's brother. And playing with their dog. Nice, right? All because they were so wrapped up in their own little "Why can't we just fuck each other, get it over with, and life will be good?" world.
The last thing I have to say is this: when I offer to do something with you, it doesn't work out, but then something magically makes it work out again after I've already set my plans . . . why the hell do you think I'm going to bend what my plans already are when you didn't even ask if it was still okay? Especially when the event is a week away? And then you proceed to be mad at me? All because I tell you that it might not work out the way we were planning on it working more than a month ago?
Maybe if it were three weeks ago, sure. But not now. Have your temper tantrum, act like a five year old and ignore me, that's totally fine.
It just means that I'm done. I'm not playing these stupid games anymore. I'm done being treated like a child when you're still children yourselves.
Some people infuriate me.
hello internet land.
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment